Re: Infinite do_IRQ

From: Jörn Engel
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 05:06:57 EST

On Wed, 19 November 2003 23:12:58 -0500, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Sumit Pandya wrote:
>
> > Hi Zwane,
> > I'm sorry to bother you again. Following is output from
> > http://kernelnewbies.org/scripts/check-stack.sh
>
> I think it'd really be easier to back out those patches one by one until
> your messages stop happening. Otherwise i'm not quite sure which one is
> really affecting you.

Agreed. Still, tiny comments on the below.

> > 410 cdrom_number_of_slots
> > 410 cdrom_select_disc
> > 410 cdrom_slot_status
> > 444 cdrom_ioctl

Why do you use the mess from drivers/cdrom? Unless you have one of
those old cdroms attached to your soundcard, better get rid of them.

> > 47c ide_unregister
> > 490 inflate_fixed
> > 524 inflate_dynamic
> > 5a8 huft_build

Old known problems, no bug reports about the ever. Should be safe.

> > 73c sanitize_e820_map

This one is new to me. Does it exist in plain 2.4.22 as well?

Anyway, backing out patches is the way to go.

Jörn

--
Happiness isn't having what you want, it's wanting what you have.
-- unknown