Re: Announce: ndiswrapper

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 01:56:54 EST

> > ndiswrapper has one use IMHO (which was pointed out me in this
> > thread)... to assist in reverse engineering.
>
> Hmm, maybe I've gotten the whole purpose of the thread wrong. =(

Still, I've looked into possibly reverse engineering the Broadcom
one for 802.11g from MacOS X (with 2 machines kernel debugging and
functions names embedded in the driver, it's not _that_ bad). But
it's a +500k binary .... I didn't go very far and decided I had
better ways to spend my time.

I know a lot of you don't care, but I hate in those discussions
about binary drivers when what is for me the #1 issue isn't even
mentioned: availability on non-x86 hardware !

Ben.