Re: [ANNOUNCE] udev 006 release

From: Greg KH
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 18:50:38 EST

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 08:29:12AM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> The major changes since the 005 release are:

Oops, two more major changes I forgot to mention:
- udev.permissions can now handle wild cards. So the following
line would apply for all ttyUSB devices:
ttyUSB*:::0666
- I've added two external programs to the udev tarball, under
the extras/ directory. They are the scsi-id program from Pat
Mansfield, and the multipath program from Christophe Varoqui.
Both of them can work as CALLOUT programs. I don't think they
currently build properly within the tree, by linking against
klibc, but patches to their Makefiles to fix this would be
gladly accepted :)

Thanks a lot to both Pat and Christophe for letting me include their
programs in the main udev release, I appreciate it. And if there's any
other small programs that people want me to bundle within udev, please
let me know.

thanks,

greg k-h