Re: 2.4.23 crash on Intel SDS2

From: Shane Wegner
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 15:59:20 EST

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 10:31:07AM -0200, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> > It's a database machine running MySQL and Postgres. The
> > MySQL server runs about 4 queries/sec and PostGres only as
> > needed. It also does some minor mail service, say 2
> > messages per minute and runs apache at about 10 requests
> > per minute.

> > > Ah, have you tried to boot with "nmi_watchdog=1" as Mikael suggested?
> >
> > Will try that next, thanks.
>
> Shane,
>
> Have you tried the NMI watchdog?

Hi,

I did and unfortunately, it was of little help. If
anything though, it made the lockup more consistent. The
three times I tried to boot with nmi_watchdog=1, it locked
up when starting SpamAssassin. Nothing special about that
process but just above that it started the hotplug
subsystem which I use to automatically insert various usb
drivers as needed. Could that have anything to do with it?

Shane

Btw, to clarify, when the lockup occurs with nmi_watchdog,
no oops gets printed.