Re: loopback device + crypto = crash on 2.6.0-test7 ?

From: Jindrich Makovicka
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 08:15:30 EST

I can confirm, having similar problem. I am using Debian Sid & 2.6.0-test9, with 4Gig highmem support (1.5G physical RAM). When reading from cryptoloop (dd if=/dev/loop0 of=testoutput), it seems to produce only noise. Each run of dd produces completely different heap of garbage. When I disable highmem, getting rid of about 512 Megs, cryptoloop seems to work as expected - I can do losetup & mke2fs & mount & read/write files & unmount & losetup -d & again.. ad nauseam.

Regards,
--
Jindrich Makovicka