Re: 2.6.0-test9 VFAT problem

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 19:06:39 EST

On Friday 14 November 2003 15:30, Maciej Zenczykowski wrote:
>> No, but here it is, on both sda and sda1:
>>
>> [root@coyote root]# dosfsck /dev/sda
>> dosfsck 2.8, 28 Feb 2001, FAT32, LFN
>> Logical sector size is zero.
>
>We've already determined that /dev/sda is the partition table and
> should thus fail.
>
>> [root@coyote root]# dosfsck /dev/sda1
>> dosfsck 2.8, 28 Feb 2001, FAT32, LFN
>> /dev/sda1: 2 files, 2/3997 clusters
>
>Hmm so it passes.
>Could you try passing -v (for verbose) to the fsck...

I could, but a much larger problem is that cups managed to self
destruct on a reboot, and I now have no printing facility at all, and
thats more important since I like to print my bank activities for my
records in case things get out of synch. However, that shouldn't
take too much time so here goes.

[root@coyote cups-1.1.20rc6]# dosfsck -v /dev/sda1
dosfsck 2.8 (28 Feb 2001)
dosfsck 2.8, 28 Feb 2001, FAT32, LFN
Boot sector contents:
System ID " "
Media byte 0xf8 (hard disk)
512 bytes per logical sector
16384 bytes per cluster
1 reserved sector
First FAT starts at byte 512 (sector 1)
2 FATs, 12 bit entries
6144 bytes per FAT (= 12 sectors)
Root directory starts at byte 12800 (sector 25)
256 root directory entries
Data area starts at byte 20992 (sector 41)
3997 data clusters (65486848 bytes)
32 sectors/track, 8 heads
55 hidden sectors
127945 sectors total
Checking for unused clusters.
/dev/sda1: 2 files, 2/3997 clusters
The card is now empty, so that looks reasonable to me. But what do I
know about a messydos filesystem? Zilch is what...

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M