Re: kernel.bkbits.net off the air

From: Andrew Walrond
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 13:18:46 EST

> The points are
> a) I'm not at all convinced this is going to make anyone other than you
> happy. They all want a BK replacement, not a tarball+patch
> replacement

No. The fundamental point is:
There are a small group of people who cannot legally extract sources from o/s
projects hosted with bk. However small the group, this is unacceptible for an
o/s project.

So Bk is unsuitable for general hosting of o/s, 'free and available to all'
projects. They will use cvs or arch.

Thats why you should provide this facility. Not because I want it, but because
you should want as many o/s projects as possible to use bk, for sound
business reasons.

I think I can see granny looking hungrily at a basket of eggs, so I'm
finished.

Andrew Walrond