Re: nfs_statfs: statfs error = 116

From: Martin . Knoblauch
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 03:45:51 EST

Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 11/13/2003 09:34:55
PM:

> > ESTALE should occur whenever the client looses connection to
> > the server, or thinks it has lost connection.
>
> No it should not.
>
> Cheers,
> Trond
Hi Trond,

just by incident I found one reason when an user space application can get
the ESTALE in our setup (Linux client RH-2.4.20-18.7smp, Solaris 2.8
Server). I accidentally run iozone on two clients with the output file
being the same and residing on the NFS Server. Pure luser error, but it
produced ESTALE pretty much reproducibly.

B^HCheers
Martin
--
Martin Knoblauch