Re: 2.9test9-mm1 and DAO ATAPI cd-burning corrupt

From: Pascal Schmidt
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 08:19:55 EST

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Bill Davidsen wrote:

> For a read-only access, I think the size is what's written, while for
> writing it's the physical size, I think. Does it need to be as complex as
> having the order depend on the access mode? It seems that a size of zero
> is correct for a read access to an unwritten media.

Well, there is only one capacity and we cannot tell at the time we
fetch the capacity from the drive whether the user will use the disk
read-only or read-write.

In any case, cdrom_read_capacity() is the only thing that works on my
MO drive, the other methods all fail. So my patch from yesterday changes
the order of things so that read_capacity is used first to get the
capacity, and the other methods are allowed to override it's findings
later on.

--
Ciao,
Pascal