Re: 2.9test9-mm1 and DAO ATAPI cd-burning corrupt

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 02:07:22 EST

On Wed, Nov 12 2003, bill davidsen wrote:
> In article <20031111184919.43a93a88.diegocg@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Diego Calleja =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Garc=EDa?= <diegocg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> | El Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:40:58 -0800 (PST) Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxx>
> | escribió:
> |
> | > Now it's your turn. Instead of wasting my time complaining, how about you
> | > put up or shut up? Show me the code. THEN post it. Until you do, there's
> | > no point to your mails.
> |
> | Until then, I'd suggest this patch to avoid more complains about this:
>
> The object is not to avoid complaints, the object is to get the

If it could avoid your non-stop whining...

> capability working again. I presume eventually one of the commercial
> vendors will fix it, since it's easier than rewriting all the SCSI
> applications in the world. oddly there are people writing useful things
> using other operating systems, under 2.4 almost all of those work.

It's not about applications, we can fix that differently. You still
don't seem to get that moving from ide-scsi is a _good_ thing, from the
application point of view. It's about hardware that doesn't work well
with atapi drivers yet, for whatever reason. ide-scsi is nice to have to
fill those holes.

> I hope to pick up another IDE tape drive so I can look at this problem,
> the one I have is on a production system, which at the moment has no
> reason to go to 2.6 even if it worked, which it doesn't. It also has
> software to read ZIP drives in odd ways, and I'm not about to look for a
> SCSI 100MB ZIP drive :-(

Until then please pipe down, your mails are getting pretty tedious. I
dunno why I even read this one.

--
Jens Axboe