Toshiba P25-S507 laptop and freezes with 2.6.0-test9

From: brian
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 13:27:24 EST

My Toshiba P25-S507 P4 2.8 running vanilla 2.6.0-test9 occasionally
freezes. The freezes occur during events such as closing or opening
the lid or removing/inserting the power adapter and sometimes during
halt.

The freezes are reasonably rare. Occuring perhaps once every 3
days or so.

On the other hand, I have not been able to force one. Purposely playing
with the power or the lid switch I have not been able to cause the
freeze. However, everytime it happens it has been associated with one
of the actions listed above.

I believe the freezes do happen with earlier 2.6.0-test kernels,
but they seemed more rare then.

I don't recall a freeze ever occuring with 2.4.20-gentoo-r5.

--
Brian Litzinger