Re: kernel.bkbits.net off the air

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 14:44:39 EST

Followup to: <200311111438.47868.andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
By author: Andrew Walrond <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> My preferred solution is a single sequence file as described by Adreas:
>
> Assuming sequence starts at 0,
>
> To modify the repository, +1 to sequence file contents, modify repo, +1 to
> sequence
>
> To get a coherent copy,
> do
> seq1 = read(sequence file)
> rsync repo
> seq2 = read(sequence file)
> until seq1==seq2 and !(seq1&1)

OK... this still doesn't deal with how to get mirrors to pick stuff up
with a minimum of fuss. The "minimum of fuss" bit is *extremely*
important... I still haven't managed to get all mirrors to use rsync.

-hpa
--
<hpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> at work, <hpa@xxxxxxxxx> in private!
If you send me mail in HTML format I will assume it's spam.