Re: Fibre channel HBA support

From: James Bourne
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 23:22:56 EST

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Joseph Shamash wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been searching for information on fibre channel HBA support for the
> 2.6.0 kernel. I was hoping to use the LSIFC919, but my search seems to
> indicate this driver is not yet supported in the 2.6.0 kernel.
>
> I did find the HP Fibre Channel HBA is supported. Can anyone please advise
> me about any other Fibre Channel HBA support in the 2.6.0 kernel?

The qlogic HBAs are supported as well and we do use several qla2340
adapters for connecting to our emc SAN.

The driver is not yet included in 2.4.22 at least, but you can find it on
the qlogic site at http://www.qlogic.com/support/product_resources.asp?id=253

We are currently at 6.04-fo (fail over code works very well).

Regards
James Bourne

> Thanks,

James Bourne | Email: jbourne@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Unix Systems Administrator | WWW: http://www.hardrock.org
Custom Unix Programming | Linux: The choice of a GNU generation