Re: 2.6.0 kernel: Bind interrupt question.

From: Dong V Nguyen
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 17:59:55 EST

Anton,
You're right. By defaut, the CONFIG_NR_CPUS is set to 32.
I need to reset that and rebuild the kernel to try the interrupt binding
again.
Thanks,

Anton Blanchard <anton@xxxxxxxxx> on 11/10/2003 04:48:22 PM

To: Dong V Nguyen/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
cc: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2.6.0 kernel: Bind interrupt question.

Hi,

> Have you seen any problems with interrupt binding on 2.6.0-drv45003 ?
> I tried this command to bind interrupt, but it does not work:
> ============================
> cat /proc/irq/165/smp_affinity
> ffffffff00000000
> echo 01 > /proc/irq/165/smp_affinity
> cat /proc/irq/165/smp_affinity
> ffffffff00000000

This is probably a ppc64 specific issue, we can continue this on
linuxppc64-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> There is nothing changed after binding.
> One thing I see is it shows 16 digits "ffffffff00000000" on 2.6.0 while
> only 8 digits in 2.4 .

Its part of the support for > 32way machines, but it looks like its
broken for some configurations (Im guessing you have CONFIG_NR_CPUS set
to 32).

Anton