Re: PCMCIA CD-ROM does not work

From: Thom Borton
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 14:56:41 EST

Hello Marcelo

The problem seems to be one of those self-healing things that occur
once in a while. I just tried 2.4.23-pre9 and the CD-ROM drive works
again. Plug in the PCMCIA card, double beep, mount disk, read it,
unmount, unplug card. A mysterious syslog message about a "bad
special flag" that had always shown up has also disappeared.

Seems like someone has worked on it :-)

Anyways, thanks to all kernel developers,

Thom

P.S.: For those interested, the problem was about a PCMCIA CD-ROM on a
Sony Vaio PCG-Z600NE that stopped working with 2.4.21/22.

--
Thom Borton
Switzerland