Re: net/packet/af_packet.c:{1057,1073}: flags vs. msg->flags

From: Ihar 'Philips' Filipau
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 07:36:55 EST

RTFM (man recv) brought the response:

MSG_TRUNC
Return the real length of the packet, even when it was longer
than the passed buffer. Only valid for packet sockets.

So packet socket is special case here.

Sorry for disturbing.

P.S. Wondering - is there any way to find a size of next queued datagram? SIOCINQ? cannot find its description - not listed in man ioctl_list - but implementation inside of ap_packet.c does exactly this.

Ihar 'Philips' Filipau wrote:
Hi!

[ I'm trying to cc: netdev - but they are not that welcome - and require subscription. I'm way too lazy (and my mail box is not that fast) to subscribe to send simple typo - if this is a case at all. ]

[ kernel v2.6.0-test7 as found on lxr.linux.no, 2.4.{18,22} has the same - but line numbers are different. ]

On line 1057 we have: "msg->msg_flags|=MSG_TRUNC;" to indicate that message was truncated.

But on line 1073, where we make return status to user, we check against user suplied flags, but NOT msg->msg_flags.

It looks like obvious typo.

--
Ihar 'Philips' Filipau / with best regards from Saarbruecken.
-- _ _ _