Re: Weird partititon recocnising problem in 2.6.0-testX

From: Konstantin Kletschke
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 06:33:56 EST

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 11:56:50AM +0100, Andries Brouwer wrote:

> > With CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK=y but unset CONFIG_BLK_DEV_HD_IDE and the
> > inserted (and no used) printk stuff.
>
> At some later time we must come back and find out what is
> wrong with hd.c. You call the printk stuff unused, but
> it was used and printed

It was unused earlier, now, with CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK=y but _unset_
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_HD_IDE it gets printed (to clear that).

> Clearly, you have EZDrive installed, the table below is what
> is found in sector 1, the data printed above is what is in
> sector 0. The tables differ - fdisk was used after installation
> of EZDrive.

Hm, interesting... I don't know what was on this disk in earlier days...
So it may be a help dd'ing Sektor 0 and 1 and create new table?

But of course after debugging that if you are interesting in that (which
seems to be the case here :)).

Here is what 2.6.0-test6-mm4 looks like when booting (wo printk mod):

http://ludenkalle.de/2.6.0-test6-mm4.txt

> I suppose that booting with boot parameter "hda=remap" should work.
> At some later time we must worry about how to get rid of EZDrive.

OK, lets see...

Konsti

--
2.6.0-test8-love3