Re: [MOUSE] Alias for /dev/psaux

From: Vojtech Pavlik
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 05:40:52 EST

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 10:33:41AM +0000, John Bradford wrote:
> > XFree86 also sets the mouse to 200dpi
>
> That's odd, I have a mouse which doesn't work correctly unless I
> specifically add an Option "Resolution" "200" line to XF86Config.

This has changed between the versions of XFree86. Older versions used a
value of 100 which is the PS/2 default. Because of mice which give
trouble when they don't get a 200, like yours, this was changed in the
recent version(s).

> Either the default isn't 200, or something else must be happening
> differently when I set the resolution manually.
>
> Without a resolution option at all, the mouse has to be moved at a
> certain speed to register movement at all. This has nothing to do
> with accelleration, (which I don't use). Moving the mouse slowly, for
> any length of time, never produces any movement on-screen. Moving it
> quickly does. With the resolution set to 200 or above, it works as
> expected. Lower than 200, and it exhibits the strange behavior.
>
> The same thing happens with gpm.
>
> (This behavior is observable with 2.4. I haven't tested this mouse
> with the in-kernel driver in 2.6 yet).

Please test, but after you apply the patch.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs, SuSE CR