Re: 2.6-test6: nanosleep+SIGCONT weirdness

From: Denis
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 15:35:53 EST

On Saturday 08 November 2003 20:45, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > That nanosleep restart seems to be broken, and quite frankly,
> > looking at the mess in kernel/posix-timers.c I'm not all that
> > surprised. The code is total and absolute crap. I have no idea how
> > it's even supposed to work.
>
> I'd suggest just removing the regular nanosleep() emulation from
> there. The clock_nanosleep() restart is likely still broken, but at
> least this way the _regular_ nanosleep() system call works correctly,
> and fixing clock_nanosleep() is likely easier since the restart stuff
> doesn't have to worry about _which_ system call it should restart.
>
> Denis, does this work for you?

Does not seem to work, same symptoms 8(

Although I did not do make clean since build system is supposed to be
fixed. I just patched the tree where kernel was already built,
and rebuild it (make bzImage modules modules_install).

Will apply to pristine test6 tree (or test9 - need to check whether it
is downloaded or not yet) and retest
--
vda