kernel.bkbits.net off the air

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 00:12:19 EST

As many of you have figured out, I took kernel.bkbits.net (aka bk.kernel.org,
cvs.kernel.org, and svn.kernel.org) of the air yesterday due to the breakin
that attempted to add a trojan horse to the kernel source.

I took it down after talking with Linus and Dave about it, the point was to
shut down the disk drive so that we can go do forensics on it after the fact
and see what we can figure out. Maybe someone can track down who caused the
problem.

This means someone has to go down to the colo with a new disk and do
an install and we've been too busy to do this. Would anyone object if
this wasn't done until this weekend? We're pretty booked up here with
other work. Last I checked only about 6 IP addresses where using the CVS
server, I've never checked on the SVN server (Ben? You have any idea?).
--
---