Re: load 2.4.x binary only module on 2.6

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 14:24:34 EST

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 12:43:19 EST, Gene Heskett said:

> It may be there, and I may have a copy of it, but it won't install if
> I'm running 2.6.0-test9-mm2.

Huh? I'm running -test9-mm2 with the minion stuff as I'm typing this.

Or are you talking about the general case if you have a wrapper for
a 2.4 kernel? If so, then yes, you'll need to do some programming to
get the wrapper to do things the 2.6 way (which is what minion's patch
basically does, it changes the NVidia 2.4 wrapper code to the 2.6 schemes).