Re: Using proc in chroot environments

From: David Gómez
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 11:02:03 EST

Hi ;),

> I'm using a chroot environment on my main disk as a 'crash test
> dummy', and I need to access the proc filesystem inside it. Since
> hard links are not allowed for directories, the only solution I can
> think of is to mount proc inside the chroot environment just after
> chrooting. This works, I've tested, but I have two problems:

Have you tried the --bind mount option? It's great to solve this kind
of problem, accesing to a directory within a chrooted enviroment. I've
used it successly with a ftp server ;).

--
David Gómez

"The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of
whether submarines can swim." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra