Re: Problem in 2.6.0-test9-mm1 with siimage+hdparm

From: Krisztian VASAS
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 17:24:27 EST

On 2003-11-05 Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
> Strange enough I have an Abit NF7-s Rev2.0 as well, but for me the
> driver works - somehow. I havbe latest bios 1.9 (modified with latest
> silicon image bios). Since siimage 1.06 drvier. I have DMA without using
> hdparm, but it is not as fast as in windows. With kernel 2.6 tranfer
> dropped very much to about 20mb/s (playing with read-aheed didn't help).
> But I am getting this error messages in dmesg and at boot up (that's why
> I commented it out in siimage.c):
>
> hde: sata_error = 0x00000000, watchdog = 0, siimage_mmio_ide_dma_test_irq
>
> Other than that it runs fine - forgetting that performance it bad right
> now. Tried various shedulers, but didn't help. With kernel 2.4.22-ac4 I
> had about 37mb/sec, now only 20mb/sec...

I haven't problem with the speed. I'd like to set up DMA to the disk and
the -d switch (using_dma) causes the panic. With vanilla 2.6.0-test9
everything works fine, no speed problem. But if I boot up with -mm1, I
have to work without DMA on hde. And another interesting thing: hdparm
-d1 /dev/hdd works fine, so the problem is somewhere in the siimage
driver. I don't know exactly what changed, but something has been
corrupted around the driver.

IroNiQ
--
Krisztian VASAS <iron@xxxxxxxxx>