Re: 2.9test9-mm1 and DAO ATAPI cd-burning corrupt

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 06:22:35 EST

Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:

Jens Axboe wrote:

On Wed, Nov 05 2003, Nick Piggin wrote:

Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:

SOmething else I noticed with new 2.6tes9-mm2 kernel: Now the mouse stutters slighty when burning (in atapi mode). I am now using as sheduler. Shoudl I try deadline or do you this it is something else? Should I open a new topic?

This is more likely to be the CPU scheduler or something holding
interrupts for too long. Are you running anything at a modified

^^^^^^^^

precisely, that's why the actual interface that cdrecord uses is the
primary key to knowing what the problem is.

As said, I'll report back later...

please do the following while burning is in progress
ps -Afl > file
and send me the file.

Prakash

[OT] Something about this kernel list is stupid: It always wants to reply to the author instead of the list, generating double the traffic if one doesn't pay attention...

The lkml convention is reply to all. It works well for a high volume list.