Some issues with Acer TravelMate 242

From: Michal Semler (volny.cz)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 14:21:21 EST

Hi,

I have Acer TravelMate 242 serie and I have these problems with 2.4 kernel:

1) Compiling into kernel Local APIC causes kernel not booting after reboot -
Kernel writes Loading kernel and when finished PC freezes. Removing Local
Apic causes working kernel

problem under 2.6.0-test9 too

2) USB 2.0 - notebook has 4 USB 2.0 ports - modprobe usb-ehci causes loading
USB and kernel finds USB ports, but when I plug in mouse or BT adapter or
harddrive into usb ports, those are not recognized anymore.
When I load usb-uhci all works fine, but communication is too slow with my usb
2.0 harddrive

problem under 2.6.0-test9 too

3) IRDA - there is a new version of existing chip - driver is here and works
excellent and is backported from 2.6:
http://nemadema.cz/acer/irda.patch
When will be this patch included into 2.4 vanilla?

Thanks for reply

Michal