[2.4] Are jiffies in jiffies?

From: Ihar 'Philips' Filipau
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 07:36:53 EST

Hello!

[ I beleive this is real FAQ - so responding with private e-mails more appropriate.
ptr("RTFM") != 0 are welcome. ]

jiffies declared in kernel/timer.c.
Name suggests that it is incremented 100 times per second.
LDD2 suggests that it is incremented every 1000/HZ per second.

Is it just name misleading - or I really miss the point?

So to translate this to seconds i need (jiffies*1000/HZ)
and milliseconds are just (jiffies/HZ) then.

Am I right?
I need this for {add,mod}_timer() calls.

--
Ihar 'Philips' Filipau / with best regards from Saarbruecken.
-- _ _ _