2.6 kernel not loading network module

From: mark
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 13:09:23 EST

Okay I have an interesting problem. I have an Athlon64 (KT800 chipset
mb) with an onboard nic. The onboard nic is flaky and doesn't always
appear to be present so I installed a SK9521 and was using that as my
network card. I reboot this morning and the onboard nic reappeared and
claimed to be eth0 so I attempted to make the SK9521 eth1 but I could
not get the module to load on boot.

I disabled the onboard nic and still I cannot get the module to load on
boot as eth0. Any ideas?

--
Mark Lane, CET mailto:mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hard Data Ltd. http://www.harddata.com