Modular ipv4 inquiries...

From: Alexander Chacon
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 13:24:44 EST

Hello!

I would like to know a few things about making the ipv4 code modular. I've been
working on a school assignment that requires implementing tunneling, but first
ipv4 must be modularized... it needs to be done using kernel 2.4.20

I see Eric Schenk tried to do it on an earlier kernel version (
http://www.cs-ipv6.lancs.ac.uk/ipv6/mail-archive/LinuxNetdev/1997-03/0218.html
), a few years ago. What should I consider for a start, and how hard can it be
in the end?

I've experienced a lot of undefined symbol references which are linked to core
kernel files!, isn't there a way to access these symbols from the module into
the kernel while executing?

Thanks in advance
Alexander Chacon