Hangs with 2.4.23-preX kernels probabòy related to the 8139cp driver

From: Frederik Nosi
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 18:56:00 EST

Hi all,
I'm experiencing hangs with 2.4.23-pre kernels when using the network with
the said driver. The last kernel that works is the 2.4.22-pre8. I noticed
that during this versions there where updates to the eth. drivers.
Unfortunately the kernel does not give any error, just the pc does not
respond to pings, the cursor on screen stops blinking. Tried with sysrq
enabled too but nothing on logs. I can reliabily reproduce this just doing
something network intensive, eg. accessing a remote desktop during a full
kernel download ;)
Sorry for this terse info, if you need any other info just ask. And please CC
me on replies as I'm not subscribed to the list.

Thanks,
Fredi