Re: Linux 2.6.0-test7 - Suspend to Disk success

From: Daniele Venzano
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 16:02:48 EST

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 06:27:42PM +0100, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> Just a quick note to say that 2.6.0-test7 is the first kernel I've been
> able to successfully suspend to disk with and then resume. Using
> "echo -n disk > /sys/power/state" now works just fine and I haven't
> needed to reboot my laptop (a Compaq Evo N200) since I started running
> the kernel last week. Thanks!

Same for me, using pmdisk.
Only thing is that the shell used to issue the echo -n disk > /sys/power/state
gets killed for an unhadled page request.

Good bargain for a working suspend, though ;-)
For me it is actually a feature, since I use su to issue the suspend
command, on resume I get back my user (not sudoed) shell...

Thanks, bye.