A problem I'm having with mkinitrd for linux-2.6-test7

From: George R Goffe
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 15:27:47 EST

Howdy,

I have built a linux 2.6-test7 kernel on my redhat 8.0 system and am trying to
use mkinitrd. I am getting this message relating to a module not being found
(see command and error message below).

I'm not sure what to do at this point. The make modules produced no problems
but make modules_install had a bunch of depmod problems. I have been using the
module-init-tools-0.9.15-pre2 tools from Rusty's site.

Any/all help/tips/hints/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

George...

2.4.20-20.8smp root->server3# mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.0-test7.img
2.6.0-test7
No module mptbase found for kernel 2.6.0-test7

=====
=====
"It's not what you know that hurts you, It's what you know that ain't so." Wil Rogers