Re: Unbloating the kernel, action list

From: cliff white
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 17:57:37 EST

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:30:41 -0700
"Martin J. Bligh" <mbligh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 7) Do come in suggesting anything I might have forgotten
>
> If you do automated testing of nightly builds of the mainline 2.6 / 2.7
> kernels, and point out when they get bigger in consumption, you'll have
> a much better chance of convincing people to fix it when the patch in
> question is still topical, and fresh in people's minds.
>
> I'd predict that a lot of the issue is just tuning things dynamically
> instead of statically sizing them.

We (OSDL + others) are working on a continuous build/test system, using the Mozilla tinderbox.
Should be available RSN. Tinderbox supports multiple clients, and we'll
have a client package available for download.

Marco, if you could supply time on a small client box, and a desired .config,
we can add you as a Tinderbox client,
then you have a place to point people when the size increases.

Either way, please send me your desired .config - i can and should
build a size test into the tinderclient code.

cliffw