from where are the devlabel messages in /var/log/message

From: sting sting
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 09:36:52 EST

Hello,
I know about the devlabel messages in /var/log/messages ; from where do they stem ?
; I read about it in the author website (http://www.lerhaupt.com/linux.html)
but there was very little info , amd also the devlabel tar.gz does not contain much.

I understood that it has to do with symbolic links.

It is installed on my Linux platform (as part of the Linux installation );
Now , I wat to know what is the origin of the devlabel messages in the
log file ?
These messages consist the following text : "devlabel: devlabel service started/restarted"
I had searched under the 2.4.20-8 sources for "devlabel" and could not fnd anything.

what is the kermel origin of these devlabel messages ?
regards,
john