Re: Linux 2.6.0-test7 - stability freeze

From: Rob Landley
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 01:37:53 EST

It locked my laptop solid after about half an hour answering email with X11 up
(possibly a panic, but the LEDs weren't flashing. Nothing in the log between
the last dhcp lease renewal a few minutes earlier and the start of the next
cold boot...)

Reverted to test 6 until I feel brave again. (I've gone back to grad school
and have homework due monday.) 2.6.0-test6 sometimes boots up with a dead
keyboard, but has yet to spontaneously hang on me after bootup...

No clue how to debug this one. It died while I was typing an email (between
one keystroke and the next, my screen was suddenly a bitmap. No mouse
movement, the little CPU use indicator stopped fluctuating (at zero), etc).

I had an rsync going in the background through a dhcp wireless connection
(backing up my /home partition to a remote machine), KDE up with kmail
sending and receiving email, and a couple of web browser windows minimized
that may have been doing page refreshes... But otherwise, nothing special.
(Running off of battery with a little under half of it left...)

Rob