2.6.0-test7 + X11 + screen savers vs. user

From: tconnors+linuxkernel1066023352
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 00:39:51 EST

"Norman Diamond" <ndiamond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said on Sat, 11 Oct 2003 18:00:45 +0900:
> In 2.6.0-test1 through test7, when running X11, the screen saver kicks in
> about every 5 minutes. I haven't checked the configuration but have
> confidence that it's obeying the timing correctly. The problem is that it
> doesn't care whether the keyboard and mouse have been used during that time.
> When the screen saver is running, any keyboard or mouse activity will
> restore the screen. Also when the screen saver isn't running, the focused
> window gets the input. But it's irritating to be in the middle of typing or
> mousing and suddenly lose a character or click because the screen saver
> kicked in and gobbled up the next event.

What was this about time jumping backwards for some people?

Follow this thread:
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0310.1/0056.html

Could trigger the screensaver if it thinks MAXINT time has elapsed :)

When some other esteemed editor reposts this, it'll be the Periodic
Periodic Table Table story, and I will be even happier. ;^)
-- Emil Brink on /., about the periodic table table.