Oops on APM wakeup on 2.4.22/23-pre, works with 2.6.0-test

From: Stanislav Meduna
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 01:42:06 EST

Hi,

I am trying to get the suspend to RAM working on an old
Compaq Armada 1592 notebook.

With the kernel 2.4.22 from Debian unstable or with vanilla
2.4.23-pre7 I am getting an Oops on wakeup in apmd.
Unfortunately I am not able to capture it, as there
is an endless series of Oopsen with stacks longer
than tens of screens - judging from the patterns in
the addresses this actually looks like some recursive
call somewhere. It is completely reproducible. Nothing
is logged on the disk - the machine never comes up
enough to be able to write something to disk.

With 2.6.0-test7 the wakeup works fine - unfortunately I can't
use 2.6.0 due to other problems such as unstable PCMCIA
when removing devices and inability to compile standalone
pcmcia-cs modules against it (I think both are known).

apmd is 3.2.0 from Debian unstable.

Getting the oops through a serial console is a bit complicated
right now (have to solder null-modem cable first etc), so I would
like to know first whether this kind of problem is known
and whether there are some other suggested things/patches
to try.

Please, Cc: the followups to me, I don't read the lists
regularly.

Thanks
--
Stano