Problems with Maxtor 120 GB drive

From: Jay Denebeim
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 22:43:58 EST

I realize this isn't the right place to be asking this, but people
here are very helpful and it's the only place I could think of to ask.

I just purchased a Maxtor 120GB MXTL01P120 hard drive and when I tried
to install it with Redhat it wrote over the partition table describing
it as only 8GB. I tried doing linux rescue and lilo complained that
the physical and logical disk sizes did not match (logical was the
correct size, physical was the 8GB).

Any idea what could be causing this?

Jay

--
* Jay Denebeim Moderator rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated *
* newsgroup submission address: b5mod@xxxxxxxxxxxx *