Re: 2.6.0-test7 + X11 + screen savers vs. user

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 09:45:24 EST

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 18:00:45 +0900, Norman Diamond <ndiamond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> In 2.6.0-test1 through test7, when running X11, the screen saver kicks in
> about every 5 minutes. I haven't checked the configuration but have
> confidence that it's obeying the timing correctly. The problem is that it
> doesn't care whether the keyboard and mouse have been used during that time.

Which screen saver is this?

jwz's xscreensaver 4.13 mostly works for me with XFree86 4.3.0, and notices
keyboard activity and mouse cursor movement, but fails to detect mouse button
events - so if you're in a mail program and reading a lot of mail and hitting 'delete'
over and over, the screensaver can kick in anyhow.

I have to admit I've not tracked down if this is xscreensaver's fault, or the
X server's fault, or the kernel's fault.