Re: [2.6-test7] [bttv] lots of warning/error messages

From: Nuno Silva
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 23:34:40 EST

Hi!

Gerd Knorr wrote:
get lots of warning/error messages from the bttv driver.
Here are todays messages:

Oct 9 15:51:13 lfs kernel: bttv0: skipped frame. no signal? high irq latency?
Oct 9 15:57:57 lfs kernel: bttv0: OCERR @ 1fd95000,bits: HSYNC OFLOW OCERR*

Hmm. Is the signal good?

[..snip..]

I *had* the same problem. It's was not the signal so I persued the other hint: "high irq latency?"

I opened the box and saw the NIC in slot 2 and winTV in slot3 and switched them. Never saw this message again :)

In 2.6.0-test7 zapping (a tv viewer) doesn't work in "capture" mode.
-----------------
Console started, stardate Sat Oct 11 05:26:35 2003
Please tell the maintainer about any bugs you find.

Error: capture.c (870) [capture_start]:
Couldn't start capture: no capture format available

Error: callbacks.c (156) [switch_mode]:
[tveng25.c] tveng25_set_capture_format (line 932)
VIDIOC_S_FMT failed: Device or resource busy

xawtv doesn't work, in grabdisplay mode, either.

(overlay is fine on both)

They work with 2.6.0-test4, at least.

Any hints on this one? Can I provide more information?

Thanks,
Nuno Silva