mount: / mounted already or bad option

From: SMS WebMaster
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 06:58:45 EST

Hi
I have Gentoo linux in my PC
I just installed the kernel 2.4.22 and compile it and install it (using genkernel command)
Right now if I reboot my PC with my new kernel I got :
mount: / mounted already or bad option
and the system stop and ask me to type the root password
and when I login with the root and type
mount -o remount,rw /

I got the same message
mount: / mounted already or bad option

but if I write
mount -o remount,rw /dev/hda4 /
then the root filesystem if remounted as read/write

Anyway the stupid thing is that if I boot with my old kernel I don't get this problem !!!
Any Help

My /etc/fstab :

/dev/hda2 /boot ext2 noauto,noatime 1 1
/dev/hda4 / reiserfs defaults,noatime,notail,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/hda3 none swap sw 0 0
/dev/hda1 /mnt/win ntfs auto,ro,umask=000,iocharset=utf0 0
/dev/cdroms/cdrom0 /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,ro,umask=000,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy vfat noauto,defaults,umask=000,iocharset=utf8 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0

My /etc/lilo.conf :
image = /boot/kernel-2.4.22
root = /dev/hda4
label = Gentoo
initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.22
append="root=/dev/hda4 init=/linuxrc hdc=ide-scsi"

image = /boot/kernel-2.4.20-gentoo-r5
root = /dev/hda4
#root = /devices/discs/disc0/part3
label = Old-Gentoo
initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.20-gentoo-r5
#read-only # read-only for checking
append="root=/dev/hda4 init=/linuxrc hdc=ide-scsi"

--
http://www.4-SMS.Com
http://eShop.4-SMS.Com