Re: 2.7 thoughts

From: Stephan von Krawczynski
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 05:52:34 EST

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:19:46 +1000
Stuart Longland <stuartl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> > * hotplug CPU
> > * hotplug RAM
>
> * hotplug motherboard & entire computer too I spose ;-)
>
> Although sarcasm aside, a couple of ideas that have been bantered around
> on this list (and a few of my own ideas):

You are obviously not quite familiar with industrial boxes where this is
state-of-the-art.

My thinking is:
* CPU hotplug: should not be too hard
* RAM hotplug: has already been discussed in several threads, sure needs brain,
but must be doable.

Generally spoken every part of a computer should be thought of as a "resource"
that can be added or removed at any time during runtime. CPU or RAM is in no
way different.

Regards,
Stephan