Re: Query: PNP BIOS for 2.4.22

From: Adam Belay
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 20:56:04 EST

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 03:30:09AM +0200, Maciej Zenczykowski wrote:
> I'm searching for the/a PNP BIOS patch for 2.4.22 (or 2.4.23pre6) or any
> recent 2.4 kernel. It's included in the 2.4.22-ac series, however that's
> with a whole lot of other 'cruft' - and I'd prefer a minimal clean
> version. I'm in the process of cutting it out of the ac patch - however
> I'm worried I might miss something (some non-obvious dependancy). I can't
> seem to find any sources/patches on the (apparent) home page of the
> project...
>
> Thanks,
>
> MaZe.

To my knowledge, the ac series has the only up to date pnpbios patch for 2.4.
You may, however, want to try the latest 2.6-test kernel which ships with an
improved pnpbios driver. Is there a particular PnPBIOS feature you are looking
for in 2.4? In other words which PnPBIOS services interest you?

Thanks,
Adam