Re: Horrible ordeals with ACPI, APIC and HIGHMEM (2.6.0-test* and -ac kernels)

From: Martin Aspeli
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 16:28:27 EST

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 14:05:23 -0700, Chris Wright <chrisw@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Which 2.6.0-test kernels? Have you tried 2.6.0-test7? A fix for this
type of problem went into -test7.

Sadly, yes. My most recent and most comprehensive tests (today) were with the -test7 kernel. Could you give me some details as to what the fix is supposed to do and why it may not work?

Also, I'd still be interested to know - what is "events/0"? And why do things run like a 286 when I enable HIGHMEM?

I eye some hope here. Must say a life without linux is pretty empty (especially after my girlfriend left... you gotta reach for something; and a new guitar is a little off budget still). :-)

Martin