Re: pmdisk performance problem

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 14:44:31 EST

For the clock issue, you need to run /sbin/hwclock --hctosys post resume
(this is not a bug in Software Suspend).

Regards,

Nigel

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 08:11, Narayan Desai wrote:
> When using 2.6.0-test7 on an ibm thinkpad t21, pmdisk works properly,
> though it takes quite a while to write out pages to disk. On my last
> suspend to disk, it took on the order of 8-10 minutes. After this
> completed, i was able to successfully resume, fairly speedily, however
> my hardware clock was 8-10 minutes behind. Does anyone have any ideas
> why this is happening? thanks...
> -nld
> -
Nigel Cunningham
495 St Georges Road South, Hastings 4201, New Zealand

Evolution (n): A process whereby infinitely improbable events occur with
alarming frequency, order arises from chaos, and no one is given credit.