kernel stack size

From: Punj, Arun
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 14:15:25 EST

Folks,

I am using 2.4.20 on a pentium with 256M ram. I am calling a
function fxxx() in the user_mode, which results in an
ioctl to a driver in kernel space. The function which handles
this function is k_fxx(), and this function calls some other
nested functions. IMHO somewhere in this call thread the stack
overflows and the process [which called fxxx] coredumps. How can
I verify this hypothesis ? Is it possible to change the size of
the kernel for user process? can I set it per process ?

Please cc: Arun.Punj@xxxxxxxxxxx in your replies.

thanks
Arun