pmdisk & oldconfig -- bad interaction

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 19:22:33 EST

Hi!

Theres usability problem with make oldconfig & pmdisk:

Software Suspend (EXPERIMENTAL) (SOFTWARE_SUSPEND) [Y/n/?] y
Suspend-to-Disk Support (PM_DISK) [Y/n/?] y
Default resume partition (PM_DISK_PARTITION) [] (NEW)

Unfortunately at this point I do not know if it should be in /dev/hda1
or hda1 form (I guess its /dev/hda1), so I try to get some help. I
press ? <enter> and bang, partition is set to "?".

I'm not sure how to solve this. Maybe

Software Suspend (EXPERIMENTAL) (SOFTWARE_SUSPEND) [Y/n/?] y
Suspend-to-Disk Support (PM_DISK) [Y/n/?] y
Default resume partition in /dev/hdXX form (PM_DISK_PARTITION) [] (NEW)

is good idea? Anyway helptexts for text entries are useless in
oldconfig :-(.
Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]