matroxfb problem

From: Jai
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 18:47:59 EST

Hi all,

I'm running kernel-2.4.20, I have enabled frame buffer support for matrox
G550 in the kernel, but get these messages on boot:

matroxset: Matrox G550 detected
matroxset: MTRR's turned on
matroxfb: cannot set required perameters

and of course /dev/fb0 and fb1 are not available.

I have also tried it with kernel-2.4.22, I believe I have seen this working
before but I can't seem remember what it is i havn't done.
Has anyone got any light to shed on this.

Thanks for your time. Please CC me with any replies.

Kind Regards,
Jai.