some info about on asus p4c800-deluxe

From: Catani, Antonio
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 08:22:37 EST

Hi people, excuse me if could be OT.
I have a asus p4c800 and with a gentoo installed, the gentoo use kernel
2.4.22 but this kernel, is extremely slow on my mobo, I suspect intel
875 chipset is the cause of slow.

I try to use 2.6.0-test6 kernel, but it's impossible go at the end of
the boot cause some trap some dump and other things like that.

I jhave successfully applied patch-2.6.0-test6-bk9, with thi parch I
never see any trap or dump, except if use pnp feature, without this the
kernel start, but
Show me a cannot found device "hda2" that is my root device, I have
checked my grub conf and is true, someone know some issue about not know
hda2 with this kernel?

Many thanks, and excuse me if my message is OT if you could, point me to
some docs about howto investigate

Many thanks