2.6.0-test6 Quake3/Wolfenstein Lockups

From: Dan
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 05:07:33 EST

Hi there,

I'm experiencing frequent hard lockups (magic sysrq doesn't even work)
when exiting quake3 or return to castle wolfenstein on 2.6.0-test5 and
test6... they happen about 50% of the time, and usually my quake3 config
file is missing when I boot back up. They only happen after clicking to
bypass the credits screens when exiting the games... is anyone
experiencing this? I'm unable to strace quake3 as it won't start up at
all when straced, and I can't get return to castle wolfenstein to lockup
when it's straced. I'm running a dual athlon 1700 machine, with
reiserfs and LVM. This lockup doesn't happen on 2.4.x nor did it happen
on 2.5.72 (though at the time I was running raid-0 and not lvm) If
anyone else is having this problem I'd like to hear it, or if anyone
else wants info just let me know. Please cc me any replies. -Dan