Re: Complaint: Wacom driver in 2.6

From: Matt Gibson
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 18:07:54 EST

On Tuesday 30 Sep 2003 21:59, Simon Ask Ulsnes wrote:
> One funny thing: I haven't got the mousedev module loaded at all, only
> evdev, hid and wacom.

Mousedev can only be compiled as a module if you've said yes to "Remove
Kernel Features" from the General Setup screen (usually used for lightweight
embedded kernels.) Otherwise it's always compiled straight in.

> The reason I am not satisfied with things the way they are is that it
> feels like somehow the dimensions on the tablet don't fit with the screen.
> E.g., my mouse or pen might hit an edge on the tablet being several
> centimeters from the edge of the screen. And mouse (not pen) movement is
> absolute, it should be relative, which is a pain in a certain place.

Hmm. Well, I think I'll give it a go and see what I can get working; I'll
probably want to use the pen/eraser stuff properly at some point. Although
I'm not drawing much any more, they do come in handy sometimes. I'll get
back to you after I've had a bit of a play.

> The link you provided is outdated, the newest project is on
> linuxwacom.sourceforge.net. It seems strangely stalled, though.

Thanks; I'll update my bookmarks. It has been a while!

"It's the small gaps between the rain that count,
and learning how to live amongst them."
-- Jeff Noon